Customer loyalty takes years to build but only a minutes to destroy. For this reason, even a strong proposition, business model and team can experience significant setbacks when quality slips away during the scaling process. From experience, this risk is best addressed from 3 separate angles:
The product mindset.
- Establish the right organisational structure that ensures quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Maintain transparency and alignment to the most important metrics.
- Structure quality investments to be aligned with customer sensitivity.
An agile culture.
- Build processes that ensures quality is built in.
- Educate teams in being vocal around specific requirements.
- Distribute the responsibilities for building and validating quality to continually mature the team’s thinking.
- This could be using automation, gates, TDD/BDD, simulations.
- Use intelligent cloud tools such as AWS Device Farm.
- Adopt frameworks to support the ideas of 1 & 2 (e.g. gherkin, cucumber, cypress, selenium).