My Approach & Experience
Helping Enterprises Innovate at Scale!
Many enterprises have little to show for their aggressive investment in modern technology. As opposed to fixating on a destination, my approach changes a company’s fundamental approach to acquiring, managing and leveraging technology to define a sustainable path to growth & productivity outcomes. To be effective requires permission to operate at a deeper organisation level; I’m passionate about working with leaders who are on a bold & amitious journey to build lasting digital capability.
As a technology leader for 20 years, I have advised & coached leaders & their teams in 200+ clients across 3 regions to develop my skills in areas such as:
- Technology strategy & innovation management.
- Total Experience (encompassing both Customer & Employee).
- Enterprise Agility for Organisational Decision-Making.
- Engineering Effectiveness (DevSecOps, Value Streams Management, Lean).
- Digital Operating Model design and optimisation.
- Cloud Adoption & App Modernisation.
- Product owernship, management & delivery.
- Organisational Data Maturity (AI/ML).
- Data-Driven Risk & Compliance.
An expert in modern engineering & transformation practices, I take a client-centric approach to structuring propositions that produce excellent outcomes & grow services revenue.
I have been predominantly based in London, where I have a a proven ability to scale niche consulting organisations through growing accounts, internal practices and launching portfolios of service propositions.
Cognizant acquired & merged consultancies boutique consultancies Contino & Servian into the renamed Servian-Cognizant unit. My role expanded through new business units & client bases. I was particularly focused on thought-leadership, building communities, leading teams and providing advisory to complex clients
Transferring back to my hometown of Sydney, I worked across the client value lifecycle building propositions, defining proposals and steering teams towards client benefits realisation.
A pinoneer in the Enterprise DevOps space, I joined the Contino team early to take a leading role in building and scaling the niche consultacy. My involvement was wide and consisted of establishing our teams, services & assets to grew across 5 practice areas. As port of the core group, I was involved hands-on across all the activities needed to scale the group to 300+ people across Europe, Australia & the USA.
Partner responsible for defining & scaling technical & transformation services in niche investment banking consultancy. Good exposure to large complex Front-to-Back IB operations and market platforms such as Mysis, Murex and Calypso.
Early days of Engineering Effectiveness, we defined and delivered a DevOps advisory & accelerator services we called DevEx.
Payments projets across merchant acquisition, e-commerce, processing
Rotation around key IBM business units. Main focus on Australian retail banking redesign.
Experience & Certifications
- Reimaginging Investment Banking Compliance. A top tier investment bank was spending $40m annually on digital compliance but the growing costs were negible compared to slow release velocity. I worked across business units in London, New York & Paris to bring to life my future vision of compliance. With growing regulation & asset complexity, the only way forward was to shift to a data-driven risk management approach. I established & executed on the vision, strategy & portfolio for this new paradigm, building lasting capabilities such as risk data generation & realtime analytics.
- Value Redefinition & Operational Model Transformation. A leading retail bank released new features slowly; attempts at tech & process optimisation had had minimal impact. I found what was missing: an accurate Definition of Value that represented their aspirations. Once formalised, the connected foundational areas shifting naturally: the operationing model, processes and measurement frameworks. The results were significant across increased velocity, productivity and overall Total Experience (CX + EX).
- A Unified Digital Strategy. A leading insurance European company had a siloed business structure with fragmented product offerings. By realigning the CTO & CDO strategy & portfolio, I was able to design & execute a program & launch a unified digital storefront cutting across the business. While the mobile/webapp & marketing assets were successful, the most powerful outcome was the unlocked business model flexibility that paved the way for innovative product/service offerings.
- Advanced Consulting (2022), Contino (In-house).
- Valuable User Stories, Gojko Adzic. (2021)
- Business Model Masterclass, Strategyzer. (2020)
- Testing Business Ideas Masterclass, Strategyzer (2020).
- Certified FinOps Practitioner, The FinOps Foundation (2020).
- Consulting with Impact (2019), Contino.
- Architecting on AWS (2018), QA Training.
- Certified Agile Practitioner (2015), DSDM.
- Prince2 Practitioner (2014), Prince2.
- Certified PMI Professional (2014), PMP.
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) (2007). Co-Operative scholarship program with including additional industry projects at Atlassian, HCF & Smith Snackfoods.
Technical Skills Overview
90% of my clients have been complex financial services organisations. I have deep expertise in the FinTech landscape, where tech has a well-rooted history of reshaping the industry.
- Retail banking: both FinTech & traditional.
- Capital markets covering the front, middle & back offices.
- Payments: processing, gateways, merchant acquiring.
- Insurance: health, risk & reinsurance.
I’m a self-learner with a keen interest in emerging technologies. The cloud arms race is driving a continual stream of new API-accessible services . Layering LLMs and generative AI on this ecosystem will undoubtably change the world.
- Public cloud initiatives including AWS, GCP & Azure.
- Digital across UI/UX, CX & EX.
- Cybersecurity & compliance modernisation.
- Data & AI/ML.
- Engineering Effectiveness.
- Software development including cloud-native engineering.
Traditional change management techniques have mixed evidence of effectiveness. Newer models draw on Lean Thinking to operate with Build-Test-Scale cycles and can adapt to fluctuating influences. While Druker and Cotter are still relevant, recent thinkers such as Wardley, Ries & Snowden speak more appropriately to digital-driven change.
- Operating Model design.
- Domain Driven Design
- Design Thinking.
- Product Organisational Enabelement.
- Enterprise Agility.
- Measuring change: KPIs, OKRs and scorecards.
- Technology strategy mapping.
- Digital change & transformation.